FMV’s Test Facility in Härnösand is a testing facility for seaborn systems. It is located at the coast of the Baltic Sea, close to the city of Härnösand.
FMV operates the test facility in cooperation with the Swedish Armed Forces, and it consists of
- a test system instrumentation site
- a storage and preparation site for missiles and target systems
- a local command and control center
- mobile instrumentation units
Some examples of testing or in-service firing that can be done at the Test Facility in Härnösand
- Sea to Sea missiles
- Ground to Sea missiles
- Air to Sea missiles
- Sea to Air missiles
- Naval Unmanned Aerial Vehicle systems (UAV)
- Naval Electronic Warefare (EW)
The following instrumentation systems are available:
- Flight Terminating System (FTS)
- Precision command/control system (BAPS)
- Optical Tracking system (OTS)
- Radar system
- Target systems
- High Speed Camera Systems
The Test Facility in Härnösand is administrated under the command of the Vidsel Test Range.
* The field is compulsory
Published: 2011-10-18 10:41.
Changed: 2012-01-17 05:53.
Responsible: Show e-mail address.